Friday, December 29, 2006

textbook and school

Well its not even january and the count down to classes has already started... i have to go back tuesday 23rd... =(

which means they are slowly posting textbooks for classes...

I bought my first one today... $18.70 with shipping used from Half.com [the book is actually split in half... which should prove interesting... but i couldn't pass up paying that for it used then paying 48.75 used from the school... Amazon had some used going for around 20 something... but after the shipping... it was cheaper to get that one through half.com

It looks like i'll buy one from Amazon, and another from amazon's market place because those are the cheeper options... and i have that $25 gift card i got from my credit card. Those two books are hitting around $60 bucks with shipping, and after the gift card its now $35!!! I'll buy these tomorrow at work and bring the gift certificate.

but i still have books i need to buy for 3 more classes.... (which arn't posted yet so i have no idea what they are. ) But starting tomorrow i'll start using my amazon cc again... its the only CC i get points on so i need to get me another one of thosegift cards... (i havn't been using it because i need to get a refinance on my auto loan)

3 comments:

  1. $18.70 for a text book is real cheap :)...I must have paid like $155 or something for my first text book in grad school. It was "ouch" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golbguru---> I bought it used and cut in half... lol... but its a smaller book... the school wanted 60 for it used!

    I'm just hoping it will hold up okay for the rest of the symester

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have all my text books from under grad. I spent so much on them, and would only get pennies on the dollar selling them back I decided to keep them, lol. Now they occupy most of one of my book shelves.

    If you are really down on cash, I had friends that would borrow the text books from the library, and then photo copy them at work, and read off the photo copies.

    ReplyDelete