Saturday, December 23, 2006

POST 100--- X-mas review and final budget for dec

Wow. I've hit 100 posts.... and good news to report on my extra holiday spending spree: down to business time. After running the totals and playing the last minuet shopping game, it looks like i got everyone something for a grand total of $103.21 including cards and bags! woot
  • Rory- 2 movie tickets
  • Dave- 2 movie tickets
  • Blake- 2 movie tickets
  • Andi and Dusty- Pirate shirts
  • Mo- beanie

I had $38.70 from my other budget categories to go towards this, so it looks like i'm snagging $64.51 from my gas category. (and i got gas yesterday too $35.69) Below is the updated budget, which should be final for the most part. I might use more gas because i'm driving out to Heather's desert house for some dirt bike action (possibly with Moe... and some of the guys too) so i'll fix it if i do.

  • Bills- Done
  • Food- $150 Allotted; $144.44 Spent; $5.56 Left
  • Fun and Lux- $70 Allotted; $70.00 Spent
  • Short Term Savings- $25.oo auto transfer ; $65.00 manual transfer
  • Long term savings (moving out)- $30.00 sent to Emigrant
  • Gas- Allotted $200.00; Spent $81.69; X-mas presents $64.51; total spent $146.20; Left: $53.80
  • Basic Necessities- Allotted $50, Spent $50.00; Left 00.00
  • Offering- $50.00(25 per check)
  • Auto Loan [GOAL: $1020.00] Additional $400.00, $360.18 overtime first paycheck, $420 (part of the 1020), $600 (part of the 1020), $90.22 Overtime second paycheck.
  • $80 unbudgetted fudge money- left: 0.00

I assumed that i would make $1800 this month when i did the budget... but i ended up taking home more then that, not with the overtime. I rounded down so i wouldn't come up short and because i really don't know how much i get of my paycheck after taxes because there is always overtime on it. (which is a blessing that i won't be seeing much after the Jan 5th paycheck... my boss needs to watch his budget... crap!) I guess i'll just wait to see how much extra i made after everything clears. I know i'll reset the checking "zero" back to $500.00 and i'm not sure what i want to do with the extra.

E-fund??? Auto loan??? Retirement???

While part of me wants to keep the money and possibly stick it in my efund or in my retirement account... part of me knows it will go further in the long run on the car payment. So there it will go.... sadly.... I'll repost the new auto loan balances and account earnings and the like in a few days.

Slowly getting out of debt one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment