Thursday, March 28, 2019

Work confrence

Spent almost a week out in Sacramento at a work conference, and boy am I glad that they are covering the expenses.

The hotel stay alone was almost $900!

I have to say there is something about just eating at home that is amazing. I got pretty sick the first night there because I had to eat all three meals OUT when I maybe do once a week out if its been a rough day.

What surprised me was the looks this statement got. The idea that every meal out might actually make me sick... because I don't do it all the time...

Needless to say its a week of Salads and Spinach Bites for lunches this week just to get me back to normal, lol.


So why did I go to Sacramento?

I was speaking at our annual state wide conference... Which is a pretty big deal... Cause I did a really good job... and as much as I wish this profession was just about doing a good job... It's also about who knows YOU, not who you know... (you can do great work, but if no one knows your awesome, it's like sticking it under the couch and leaving it there to be covered in dog hair.... forgotten until the annual cleaning takes place, and said toddler re-discovers the lost item too late because the rest of the set is no longer in the house...)... 

and after this conference, it's safe to say there are a lot more people out there who know who I am... which is a good thing.... plus I had a lot of fun presenting and I hope to do it again.


I think the highlight for me was the gal who came up to me afterward and told me my session made her entire conference worth coming out here... 

No comments:

Post a Comment