Thursday, March 14, 2019

It's raining in our house

I'm just gonna say it. I love home depot's service center.

So we got some rain... and rain means concrete "rug"tests in little man's room since, you know... there's no flooring in there... but after our last downpour, on cement slab was dry dry dry... so we have no idea how long that water was under his tile, of how it got there... but it's not coming from the rain cause we got a really good downpour (like standing water in the bushes, for like 3 days).

But... in the process of all that rain, I thought i'd share one of those "oh really" i'm an idiot homeowner moments.

You see, I found water in my slide door track...

I wasn't aware that water could get into the track on the inside of the door... and that there is a drain that helps remove said water...

So I freaked out and thought something was wrong with my brand new slider doors. I logged into the home depot project website and placed a message about the issue. They had a tech out to my house within 2 days, who then confirmed that our drain hole was clogged, that we had a drain hole, and was super nice about it.

He told us that the real problems were when windows were not sealed right and rain was rolling on the inside of the window...

Well the rain picked up...

and I walked past our bedroom window about 4 hours later... and realized it was raining on the inside of our house. When we press along the seal on our window, water comes out... in addition to the couple of continuous water drips running down the inside of window pane...



I called the tech back, but he was at another job... so I placed another notice on the home depot website for our window job and I'm waiting to hear back... hopefully they are prompt like the first time.

UPDATE:
Next day, tech came out to re-seal the outside of my window!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment