Thursday, January 17, 2019

Our Ceiling fans broke

I know there have been a lot of home improvement posts as I have been trying to get us caught up on the blog for the stuff we did in 2018 that never got recorded, but alas, we had a few hic-ups already in 2019 which bar more posts.

The original ceiling fans we bought for the condo were crap. The one in little dudes room stopped working 5 months after it was installed. We put a box fan in his room with intentions of replacing it this year before summer.... but then, as fate would have it, our bedroom fan just crapped out on us.

We have noticed a little noise from the fan a few months ago when we turned it off to clean it, but it went away. Well Hubs turned it off to clean it this month and I turned it back on later that night to the inevitable pop.

So we decided to replace all three with the old brand I installed in my original condo... How did I remember which brand I bought 8 years ago? Because Hubs would often hit the heavy logo'd pull chain on a regular basis. So when he decided the brand he picked was crap, he just googled photos of fans until he found the logo and then told me to find something like I did in the old place.

The result were three LED ceiling fans that give off more light (which is a bonus for little dudes room), and get this... they were cheaper than the crap we originally installed and paid WAY more for. Needless to say we are now forever "fans" of Hampton Bay.

$258.50 for all three fans and hubs installed them since they were going where the other three fans were.

  • We originally paid $382.52 for ceiling fans that broke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment