Monday, August 18, 2014

Bittersweet Ultra Sound!


That's our baby! On Wednesday SCB and I went to the doctor and got a chance to see our baby for the first time. The baby is the bigger blob measuring at 7 weeks and 2 days in size, so its on track for an end of March due date.

We got to hear our baby's heartbeat too which was more exciting for SCB than seeing it since that made it feel more human like to him...

Unfortunately our first meeting with the little guy was a bit damper... before doing the ultra sound, they did a few other things, including a breast exam and my OB thinks he found a lump in my breast...

I have to wait 2 weeks to get it checked out with an ultra sound in the radiology department, so we have been a little blue and worried. We are hoping it is nothing but generally when a doctor finds a lump and its nothing (like a clogged milk duct, etc), its normally in the 2nd or 3rd trimester, not the first. We are praying and hoping that its just my body getting ready to feed a baby and not much else...



Other than that the fatigue that's starting to set in as I enter into the 8-9th week of pregnancy, I've been feeling pretty darn good. Over the weekend I was actually hanging out and napping quite frequently, which is something I never do, but I did have 2 busy days before it on Friday and Saturday so perhaps my body was playing catch-up.

So far the nausea hasn't hit me. Sure I've had a few days where I've felt like crap for a few hours but I thankfully haven't needed to go hug the porcelain thrown yet, so i'm grateful for the little one being so kind to me thus far.

Now that I've figured out how to eat while pregnant (at least for me), we are hoping to be able to cook a bit more from home than we have been.... but we shall see. South County Boy has been such a trooper helping me out with everything and being really kind and awesome. I feel so blessed and excited for everything.

The home prep continues and we made a huge IKEA trip as we make an effort to create more storage in our little place. Pictures to come.

2 comments:

  1. Breasts are odd during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. You are very young to have a lump. I bet its pregnancy related. My breasts increased greatly during the first trimester and were not "normal."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!!!!! That's what we are hoping and praying for. I've done a lot of volunteer work with ACS (American Cancer Society) and 28 is uber young with no history of breast cancer in our family so we are tyring not to panic and just mellow out and focus on the baby between now and test day.

      Delete