Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekly Updates (Spending & Money Goals)

Cause I so watched this, this week for the warm fuzzies :)
I may be a day behind with this, but i'm trucking along. I'm sick with some nasty cough and some not so pretty mucus/congestion stuff that i'm apparently sharing with SCB... but i'm trucking along and that's what counts.

SCB and I had a nice heart to heart chat the other day and things around our household are massively improving. (which is great for my sanity-- one less stress-or for me-- just work and marathon stuff now).

It also looks like we will be puppy sitting again for a few days so we will have a bit more to add to the slush fund or use to help cash flow some of our goals for the month.

And I love my husband because he's cooking dinner while I write this and it smells incredible.

I want to do a HUGE blog shout out to all the random strangers and people who have sponsored me on my journey to finish 26.2 miles and find a home for a child. The support I've received from strangers, co-workers, media outlets--- It's just incredible. Someone I never met just donated $230.00 to the cause... I'm just blown away. Rain or shine I will finish because all of you give me the courage to do this. If you'd like to help join the cause, donate here... if you want to know why Child Share is near and dear to my heart, read the about me page here... and then go donate so kids don't have to live like i did. But you people are awesome!!!!

Check it out:


Plus I still haven't gotten the copy of the interview I did with Monarch Sports.
Weekly Spending:
March 1st: No spend
March 2nd:

  • Target: $25.47 (Personal Items)

March 3rd

  • Subway: $13.74 (Date Night)
  • Girl Scout Cookies $4.00 (Date Night)
  • Costco: $9.38 (Milk & Cheese)

March 4th
March 5th

  • Staterbros: $6.49 (Orange Juice-- since we are all sick here)
  • Home Depo: $19.20 (Propane tank refill)
  • Ranch market $5.81 (Groceries)

Money Goals:
We received our tax returns and we have placed them for now with all my overtime in an "extra money" account at ING Direct. We have a few things we need to work on outside of our money goals before we can start attacking these with gusto.

  1. 2012 Roth IRA SCG:  $443.60 / $5,000.00 (8.87%) 
  2. Emergency Fund: $11,651.64 / $12,500.00 (93.21%) 
  3. Paying Extra on the House:  $0 / $1,301.28 (2 additional mortgage payments).
  4. $1,000.00 Car Fund: $26.31 / $1,000.00  (2.63%)
  5. 2nd Roth IRA: 15% $0 / ? We're just aiming to put 15% of what SCB earns in this account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment