|Alien Fresh Jerky Anyone?|
Before leaving for our trip to Utah, SCB actually got called in for a gig with the painting company we mentioned in this post! Sadly, it doesn't look like it will be a good employment match for SCB after all. After 4 hours of sanding and prep work (which my hubby did really well and could handle), when it got time to do the actual painting, his asthma kicked in really hard because they were working in doors and he had to go home because he couldn't breath even with the mask that was provided for him. Thankfully the owner understood and was kind about the situation with a no hard feelings attitude. He got paid for the few hours he worked and its possible that if the owner gets a gig or some outside work he may call my hubby up then... but for now we won't be counting on that at all.
My friends baby shower went off well and we had a really great time relaxing and taking some time to spend with family. For the first time ever in my life, no one got drunk on Superbowl Sunday.
I also got SCB to go down to the local rec center 2 days so I could do some swimming since I don't like to swim where I work and I need to do some skill sharpening for the upcoming summer season at work. (I know I go on vacation and then pay to use facilities I could use for free at home... bad PF blogger, bad).
Now before you see the spending for our trip I must come out and say that as a whole, we stayed in budget despite the fact that we really didn't spend it the way we initially thought we would. We ended up spending way more on eating out, nothing for groceries, less then expected for our water storage containers, and less on Gasoline. We originally weren't planning on meeting up with so many people throughout our trip for meals, but I made friends with some of my friends family members and there were a few haunts that SCB wanted to go to that we didn't the last time we were out and about in Utah... That and we realized after it was too late that our car "travel" food was bad so that necessitated food out while we were driving all the way home.
January 30th: No Spend :)
January 31th: No Spend :)
- Chipotle: $6.84 (Woot for BOGO coupons and not having to cook the day before you leave for vacation.)
- Walmart: $12.29 (new cassette adapter for the car so my phone could play an audio book while I was driving)
- Gasoline: $41.19
- Toll Road Fees: $5.25
- UPS Over Night Delivery: $30.00 (I forgot the crochet blanket and baby hat I made at home and my best friend had to race over to our house in California and overnight ship it to Utah, were it arrived 10 mins before we had to leave to go to the baby shower.)
- Gasoline: $44.90
- Burger King: $10.82 (the only thing open at midnight)
- Fitness Center Passes (2 Adults): $8.00
- Wise Guyz Pizzaria: $2.45
- Walmart: $57.23 (3 water containers and 2 sets of sports bras)
- Kneaders: $10.76
- Timberline (Wood Turning Supplies): $33.39
- Sub Zero Ice Cream: $8.41
- Wingshack: $27.48
|hello heaven... you are beyond tasty|
- Fitness Center Passes (2 Adults) $8.00
- Craft Supplies (Wood Turning Supplies): $25.57
- Ernies Deli: $19.60
- Electricity Bill: $45.10
- BYU Creamery: $15.03 +$7.51
- Gas: $39.81
- Toll Roads: $5.75
- Subway: $13.41
- Chex Mix: $1.84
- Alien Fresh Jerky: $13.49
- Gas: $31.98
February 8th: No Spend :)
These should get updated next week when I get paid and when we go down to BOFA and get his last unemployment deposit off his EDD Card.
- 2011 Roth IRA: $5,000 / $5,000. We have deposited $4k of the $5k we have saved so far.
- 2012 Roth IRA SCG: $220.00 / $5,000.00 (4.4%)
- Emergency Fund: $11,192.80 / $12,500.00 (89.5%)
- Paying Extra on the House: $0 / $1,301.28 (2 additional mortgage payments).
- $1,000.00 Car Fund: $0 / $1,000.00
- 2nd Roth IRA: 15% $0 / ? We're just aiming to put 15% of what SCB earns in this account.