Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekly Updates (Spending & Money Goals)

Weekly Updates:
Another week gone and lot has gone on. I had a fabulous mental break down where I curled up in a ball and just cried and then spent the night playing lego harry potter on my husbands Xbox. South County Boy is having a hard time dealing with being unemployed... and I've been having a hard time trying to hold the both of us together (hence my little break down, but I won't elaborate much more on it.) SCB did receive his statement in the mail from the state for his benefits and filled it out and mailed it off. I've no idea when or if we will start receiving checks since there wasn't a check included in the statement.

In other news, Marathon training is picking up again. My friend and I carved out 14 miles on Saturday to prepare for the LA Marathon, which i'll be attempting for a third time to raise money for Child S.H.A.R.E., a wonderful organization that finds homes and stability and love to ever beat up bruised and abandon child. If you've read my "About Me" page then you know my story and how I should have been pulled from my home growing up-- and wasn't. I participate in the marathon each year so no child has to go through what i had to endure. If you'd like to donate, you can visit my First Giving Page here.

I got a notice from the great people at the California DMV that its time to smog my car :( Looks like that's how i'll be spending my weekend next week. I'm glad I had a bit of overtime on my paycheck this week from working the holiday to help us cover this. I hope after the long trip to Utah and my recent maintenance check up that my car will pass all on its own. 

I also have a huge fundraiser event i'm putting on with the help of my planning committee at work so i'm sure to have an InSaNe week and i'm just praying my sanity holds up to boot.

Thankfully, our spending has been in pretty good time and we have been slowly receiving our tax documents so I can begin to figure out whats the best way for us to file, etc. I used some of my Christmas money to pick up some marathon training supplies since these were items I asked for for the holidays and then got cash so i could pick out the ones I wanted since some things are particular.

Weekly Spending:
January 9th:
  • Electric Bill: $32.01
January 10th: No Spend
January 12th
  • Chipotle: $6.41
January 13th
  • Matched my first 3 LA Marathon donations: $86.15 (from our giving savings account)
January 14th

  • Gasoline (SCG) $39.44
  • Costco: $11.59 (Milk and refried beans)
  • Costco: $29.62 (Polarized sunglasses for life guarding) (Christmas Money)
  • Target:  $10.38 (Running socks and Mac & Cheese) (Christmas Money)
  • Walmart: $14.88 (Stop watch, bulb) (Christmas Money)
  • Fresh & Easy: $21.93 (Groceries) 

January 15th: No Spend

Money Goals:

  1. 2011 Roth IRA: We have deposited $3k of the $5k we have saved so far. I'll probably transfer another $1k to the fund next week.
  2. 2012 Roth IRA: We'll start setting aside money from my next paycheck for this. If we can save $220 a month and use both my extra paychecks i'll get this year, we can accomplish this with our current budget.
  3. Emergency Fund: We'll start this after our February trip out to Utah (drive out on a Friday, drive home on a Monday kind of short visit to attend a bridal shower.) If SCB gets to go back to work, we'll drive up after he's off on Friday and then drive back on Sunday so were ready for Monday work. 
  4. Paying Extra on the House: This will start after the Emergency fund goal gets taken care of. We want to pay 2 additional mortgage payments.
  5. 2nd 2012 Roth IRA: Only if SCB gets to go back to work.
  6. $1,000.00 Car Fund: Only if SCB gets to go back to work and we simultaneously put 15% of his money into retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment