Friday, April 1, 2011

Updates from our side of the internet.

I think I’m going to need to post weekly spending amounts on the good old blog again… because I/we went OVER budget this month, and I still can’t figure out how on earth it happened. I ended up taking money from the wedding budget to cover it so we can start at zero again for next month since we already have a lot of unexpected stuff coming up to handle next month.

I don’t know if it was because I didn’t pull enough money out of a sub savings account when I should have because it was a wedding expense…. Or if we just spent money and I recorded it wrong… But at one point we were $46.81 over until I realized I hadn’t recorded a wedding purchase… but even with that purchase we are still $7.92 over for the month and I have no idea why… and the funny thing is, we thought we’d be more like $20 ahead by the end of the month because I purposefully didn’t fill my tank up all the way at the gas station because I was trying to come in under budget…. So it looks like the weekly spending recaps will have to recommence for the time being… especially since the Fresh and Easy coupons, which are essentially our grocery god send, have become less desirable. The once $5 off $20 coupon that changed to $5 off $25 has now been replaced with $3 off $30 from the ad… occasionally though, when we check out at the store we have been able to find $6 off $30 coupons near the bagging area that are good for the following week. (So we have one more good coupon to use for next week.)

But in awesome news, the fiancé had a job interview… and he got called back for a second interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope he gets it. It’s at Wal-mart unloading trucks, and it’s about 20 miles away one way, but hey it’s something, and if he works it for a few months he can transfer to a closer store location.

Lately, considering how antsy he’s been in the condo all day when he’s not filling out job applications online… it’s a godsend and a good boost to his self esteem to be called for an interview…. It’s getting to the point where he’s starting to look for “projects” to do while I’m away…. Besides just hanging up some pictures he brought with him and putting a few shelves up in the living room… and now all my bookshelves have been fixed to the wall on actual studs in case of an earthquake (he used super magnets to find the studs because I don’t have a stud finder)… It’s been something I’ve been meaning to do for ages considering how much crud we have piled on the bookshelves now... but then there are "other projects"...
  • Like the hinges on my wooded chest (that acts as our coffee table) that bugged him because the hinges were on top instead of underneath the chest… well he decided to just up and remove then because one of the hinges was bent a little—but in my defense, it still opened. So now the entire coffee table is flat because the hinges are off (but now you have to lift the lid up and off to get to the stuff inside it… and I can’t lift the lid by myself now…)
  • Then the wooded computer chair “apparently broke” on my fiancé in the middle of the night because he was leaning on just 2 legs... so part of the wood cracked on the inside making it all un sturdy… so he took it apart piece by piece (I came home to it in pieces all over my living room floor)… he then remove some chipped wood and then proceeded to re glue it back together with wood glue, using toothpicks as filler in the places where some of the damaged wood was taken out (it looks fixed, but I haven’t seen him sit in it—he’s now using the “coffee table” as a bench by the computer now)… :/
  • We also now have a wooded board he found by the dumpster fixed to the wall with screws alongside it to hang up the broom and the swiffer thingy because he hated how they just leaned up against the wall in the small laundry closet…
  • Then when we were walking around in the park, he saw a branch snapped off a tree, so he walked home, got the hand saw and cut off all the mini branches that where coming out of the main log… and then carried it home, covered the exposed ends in wood glue, and now its “drying out” in the shed outside so he can eventually make pens out of it when he gets his lathe back from Utah a few days before the wedding.
  • He took out his dremell kit to sand the side of a glass bowl that was a little nicked, just to make sure it was smooth.. even though it already was because it came that way from the store… but he had to be sure…
  • He decided to screw some screws in the wall to “mount” the electrical power surge strip so it wouldn’t be on the floor near his feet… and then Velcro sorted the cables underneath his computer (including rearranging the whole thing at least 5 times until he was happy with it.
  • He salvaged an old bed frame from the dumpster to take off the hinges because his friends bed in Utah is broken, and all it needs is new hardware to replace it. (Said friend is coming out for the wedding so he’s going to give him the hinges when he comes out in July).

I’m worried for the kitchen table and the end table in the living room…. It’s the only wood he hasn’t tried to improve…

No comments:

Post a Comment