Friday, January 14, 2011

How I'm surviving my "No Spend Month"

The only place I've "shopped" all month are the grocery stores I frequent (Henry's, Trader Joes and Ralphs)... and by not grocery shopping at say Target (Which I occassionally do), i'm not tempted by other target items... and their $1 section.

I've purposely been trying to go home after work, and keep errand running to a minimum so i'm not out and about and pop in somewhere just to look... because looking leads to holding, holding leaves to buying... and then I don't reach my goals. Instead I've been going through the paper back books I bought a few months ago from the $1.00 library store (I got a few good ones there)! So i can also begin to weed through the keepers and the hand offs (we'll be needing more closet space when Mr. Fiance moves in.)

The Vegitarian Diet is also Helping me out. Because I have Henry's nearby, I can buy local produce at really good prices... and buy just one of something if i want to (which is helping me cut down on wasting food)... and i'm trying not to buy a lot of those packaged vegitarian options. I'm trying a new one every now and then, but maybe only once a week or something. =)

But my main motivator is my wedding. I want to pay for it in cash so badly...

So, I'm setting myself up for a HUGE goal for this No Spend Month... I want to pay off my wedding dress and all the rest of the stuff on my David's Bridal Line of credit completely. I have a $300 balance on it right now, and this month I gave myself $200 to allocate towards Wedding Stuff. But, I purchased my invites, reply cards, thank you cards, etc this month... taking $73.17 out of that budget.

So that leaves me with $126.83 to put towards the $300 balance... I paid my utility bills and I have $14.49 leftover from that budget category... & after using some holiday pay (109.49) to cover my car repairs, I have $39.87 in my "unbudgetted" account that I can dedicate to the dress. The Unbudgetted account would have been more, but I overspent last months budget by $30.59 so that had to come out of this month's budget too.

So that leaves me to try and find $118.81 by the end of the month. I think my CC rebate check that I tried to redeem in November will finally be coming in the mail ($50.00) and if it does i'll add it to the dress... leaving me to find $68.81 in my already tight budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment