Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Getting Healthy

I need to make getting healthy a serious priority. A while ago I talked about how I was getting sick… and it seems that just eliminating red meat from my diet is no longer working. It bought me 4 months and then some of the symptoms started coming back, and now 2 months later the headaches and migraines are back (which I think are linked to the extra lbs I put on in post marathon/vacation/sprained ankle laziness).

So, I’m going to start walking again and begin a training regiment for the Marathon (yup going to do it next year again… because I’m crazy… and because there isn’t a better cause out there than child s.h.a.r.e.) … and I’m going to get serious about watching what I eat. I’m going to write it all down and carry the book with me so I have no excuses to “forget” about snacks and what not… I’m going to use my food scale when I’m at home to help portion food out… and I’m giving myself 60 days to try and drop around 20 lbs… which would put me at my lowest weight since high school. I’d settle for 15 lbs at the end of 60 days because that would put me a lb or 2 below my light end of normal. 10 lbs would put me at the normal I’ve been for 2-3 years.

While I’ve been making this a priority, I’ve noticed a few things about my now new conscious shopping habits. I’ve stopped frequenting Trader Joes. There are a few really healthy things there I like to buy, but I always end up coming home with some of their frozen foods and convenience foods too… So I think until I can dent this I’ll just be shopping at Henry’s and Ralphs (for basics).

I do miss my trader joes cereal (Organic Raisin bran with clusters)… I bought just regular high fiber raisin bran and I was shocked when I poured it into the bowl and saw all the sugar on all the raisins… It was like sugar city… so even though it’s almost $5 a box for it, I may go get it once I finish eating the box from Ralphs… I miss its healthy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment