Monday, June 28, 2010

cracking down on the budget

I've been warping my budget to fit my overspending in various categories for a while by spending the extra money. I've still been making my savings goals... but I could be doing better frankly.

Like today, since i paid the electrician and my friend and I couldn't get together for any piano lessons this month... I had an extra $80 in my account and my first reaction was that I wanted to spend it! I really want a new pair of shoes and it would be fantastic to go grocery shopping now that I have the time to do it...

Instead I transferred $40.45 goes to the emergency fund and while I was looking at my accounts I noticed that I'm close to having $600 in my car account, I transfer $12.30 to make it a nice even $600.00, finishing that goal for the year.

I transferred $25 to KIVA so I have money to make another loan for next month and decided to take the $3.10 and plop it into my extra $$$ account.

1 comment:

  1. I think its a give and take. Lately, I've been feeling pretty guilty about my misc spending and trying to find ways to curb it. I just need to remember while its okay to have some fun money, I need to remember the bigger goal.

    ReplyDelete