Monday, March 15, 2010

remember me freaking about my property taxes bill?

I got a notice in the mail from the county about my property value changing because I bought a new place and called them on it.

They told me my account should be refunded $276.11 ... Either to my escrow account (because the bank takes the money out of the account to pay the bill) or to me directly in a few weeks. So if I don't see a check in the mail in a few weeks, i'm to call the county back to make sure it was cut to my bank, and then call the bank to make sure those funds are deposited back into my escrow account... where I believe then that I can have the bank cut me the refunded check amount. =)

which means my tax bill for 2010 will be based on my condo being worth $120,000... not the $155,000 it was previously assessed at. Today I learned that in April when I make my property tax payment, its actually paying for 2009... and when they pull out money in Nov, that's for 2010.

which means... eventually my bill (the amount of money I have to put into my escrow account)should be reduced and my monthly condo costs should go down!!!!

yippie!!!

4 comments:

  1. How did you challenge the value of your condo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I didn't really do much!

    They sent me a letter and I called about it for more information because it didn't make sense to me.

    I guess because I bought a forclosure, the bank submitted the new value for me or something so I didn't have to fight the county for a new assessment to the current value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    ReplyDelete