Saturday, February 20, 2010

If I didn’t work for the government... How much would I have to make to get my take home pay?

$44,163.93… that’s what I made in 2009…

but I only saw $36,239.33 after medicare, federal taxes, state taxes, mandatory deductions and the like. (not counting that home buyers credit...)


But I work for the government… so I don’t pay social security…

In the real world I’d have to make $49,920 just to see the same $36,239.00 because I’d pay way more in taxes and social security...Plus I wouldn’t have the pension…

I have a new respect for my job...

1 comment:

  1. probably more because as most state, county and local agencies, don't contribute into the state unemployment fund, which employees pay for in the private sector. In additon, most govt jobs salary is higher than they are in the private sector, so it would be hard to start a job at a higher pay rate in the private sector, esp with this economy...I feel blessed...

    ReplyDelete