Tuesday, January 26, 2010

KIVA Update!

All of my loans I made to KIVA have been repaid in full!!!!

When I get my CC rebate check, I'll re-deposit the money I withdrew and start the lending process over again, but I do have some funds in the account now, so.... NEW LOAN!!!! I'm now in Mongolia!!!!

Location: Tsetserleg, Arhangai, Mongolia
Repayment Term: 20 months
Activity: Butcher Shop
Repayment Schedule: Monthly
Loan Use: to purchase meat

Altantuya is 31 years old and lives with her husband and two sons in Arhangai province in central Mongolia. She and her family live in a ger, which is a traditional Mongolian nomadic housing tent. Both of her children attend a local secondary school.

With the help of her husband, Altantuya manages a meat-trading business in her town. She sells a variety of locally raised meats to her many customers. She started her business in 2003 with capital of 500,000 MNT and has built a successful operation over the years. She travels between Erdenet and Ulaanbaatar cities to sell her products.

Today, her business continues to grow quickly and she has a large base of loyal customers. Her working capital now exceeds 1,070,000 MNT. Altantuya is a hardworking businesswoman and attributes her success to her good accounting skills. For the future she says, “I hope to soon expand my business.” She is requesting a 1,600,000 MNT loan to purchase meat to sell in her business.


RE-PAID LOANS:
My loans:

Zenaida Daing
Farming, Sta. Josefa, Agusan Del Sur, Philippines

Elizabeth Aidoo
Food Market, Wiawso, Ghana

Mobateli Plus Group
Manufacturing, The Democratic Republic of the Congo

Paz y Amor Group
Fruits & Vegetables, Dominican Republic

Dustmatov Eralboy
Livestock, Tajikistan

Seccelambras Group
Food Production/Sales, Peru

Rashidat Mumuni
Fish Selling, Nigeria

Karla Vanessa Montiel Barahona
Housing, Nicaragua

Eal Nub
Fish Selling, Cambodia

Atim Irene's Group
Medical Clinic, Uganda

No comments:

Post a Comment