Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My visit with the realtor

My visit with The realtor…

Well she’s an interesting person (as in hit a car in the parking lot, looked at hers, then drove away and made a few illegal u-turns on our adventure). I’m not too sure if she’ll end up being my realtor in the end, but so far, so good… and Monday was very helpful.

The place I thought I’d love and buy--- I hate.

I places I thought I’d hate, I love and may put in an offer since it’s a short sale and could essentially take forever to close and my deadline is Dec 1st.

There is a one bedroom with loft and detached garage going for 150,000.00. It’s a total fixer upper. Hasn’t been remodeled since it was first build so new paint, new floors, new kitchen, new bath, and new closets and appliances are in my future. I’ll eventually scrape the ceilings and add recessed lighting too. (Just so you all know, the next cheapest same unit floor plan deal is going for 225,000 with some upgrades like new paint and floors so I’m confident any money put in will only help later on down the line so I could be buying into equity.)

I’m going to call my realtor back today and ask to see the property again on Saturday after work and take boyfriends daddy with me to get a look at the place. (They remodeled their home a few years ago and I want his advice. Then I’ll find someone to officially look the place over for any internal problems.) If I like, I’ll place a bid.

I’m reminding myself of the $8,000 home buyer dollar for dollar addition to my tax return for 2009 if I close by dec 1st. and the 8,000 will go towards remodeling. I’m going to try and do a lot of the work myself because boyfriend and friends are handy. I know I could probably paint the place myself (although there are those vaulted ceilings) but I’m hopeful.

I’m going to call my realtor back today and ask to see the property again on Saturday after work and take boyfriends daddy with me to get a look at the place.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I really laughed when you said your Realtor hit a car and ran off..

    ReplyDelete