Saturday, December 20, 2008

Emergency Fund Update... 2009 goals

I've decided my 3 month emergency fund is adequate at $6,700.00 (which it is now with some overtime I had on my paycheck... maybe a little more actually) The budget I've created if I purchase a condo calls for a 3 month emergency fund around 6,500. So That's all fine and well there with a little buffer to it.

After I buy a place, I'll increase my emergency fund to 6 months of expenses, create a car emergency fund, and then proceed to pay the thing off early. So now its Condo, and retirement with a hit of future wedding plans to begin to save for.

I got an early xmas present from a friend... the Wall-E piggy bank I wanted... I will now be saving loose change and recycle in Wall-E for my future wedding.

Bueno!

Goals for 2009

1. Max out Roth IRA. ($5,000 in contributions... you never know when you'll loose that job with the great pension.) $1,000 in CD's, $4,000 in mutual funds with Moderate risk.

2. Save money for the Condo. If i don't buy a condo in 2009, by the end of the year i want to have 21,000 in the condo down payment fund.

3. Buy back the 2 years I worked for my company before I was Vested in the retirement system.

----- other goals-----
4. $500-$1,000 saved for the future happy wedding i will one day have.

5. $800.00 invisiline retainers.

6. $50.00 a month for the Xmas and birthday fund.. this year I'll keep it intact.

7. Establish a car emergency fund for accidents and large repairs. Eventually $500 (my deductible) but I think I'll strive for $250.00 this year.

8. Net Worth of approximately $65,000

No comments:

Post a Comment