Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Updates on my Review

Magically, my performance review came on Monday... It wasn't as good as I was hoping... I've been really distracted at work lately with all the stuff that's been going on in my life... (and i can't blame them for my not so great performance review....)

I like to keep really busy when there is a lot of drama going on... and this past year has been really full of emotional drama... and work has been really slow... I have to admit, I've been "in my own little world too much."

I don't think my not stellar review will effect my pay raise though, so hopefully by the end of November i'll see it reflected in my paychecks.

But I'm going to be making a huge effort at work to turn my attitude around and be productive when were slow...
-------------------------
In other news... and in the gearing up for frugal November...
I finally switched all my electronic divises on power surge strips. I"ve been meaning to do it for a long time... but i just haven't gotten around to it... and I finally did it. I've also been going through boxes of stuff in my apartment... (as well as things in my closet) that I really don't use, or need, or want anymore... and i'm making a box full of them because my church normally does a rummage sale in January. (if not, then I'll take the stuff to good will).

Someone asked me about florescent light bulbs... All the bulbs in my apartment have been changed to the fun eco friendly bulbs (if they make it for that type of lamp.) one of my lamps has to use regual bulbs for some reason.)

I may also not be participating in the Memory ALZ walk... The team one of my friends made is slowly falling apart and no one's really been able to do any fundraising (including the captin)... So I may just be passing on the team and spending the day with my handsome boyfriend instead.

As for my No more spending for the rest of this month... I've been pretty good. My roommate gave me her 10 bucks for the e-bill and i used that money to buy safety pins and some chips (i was going to a pot luck kinda dinner...) so it all worked out using that money.

3 comments:

  1. If you aren't feeling motivated I wouldn't be surprised if your job isn't particularly intellecutally stimulating enough for you. It was a great job while you were in school because it didn't tax your mental energy (as you needed that for your schooling.) Now school is over and you're struggling (with this boring job.) Also, if they still haven't paid you your raise from six month ago maybe they are just being petty in giving you a mediocre review because they are watching their budget. I do not trust management in the least, especially these days. Good Luck, now that you have your degree you can apply for another job within the City. You are smart and can probably tackle some very stubstantive work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eco friendly lightbulbs are actually bad for the evnvironment if you don't recycle them because they contain mercury. I wonder how many people know they need to recycle them and not throw them in the garbage like you could with the old type light bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous-- true... but 2 part time jobs opened up for my same job and we had 26 people apply already. we used to get just 3 or 4 max. (and sadly, my degree does nothing for the field i'm in. Social Science for secondary edu-- aka history teacher)


    GMI-
    I actually knew that!!! and amazingly enough, my work has a little bin where you can drop them off along with batteries and the like!

    ReplyDelete