Saturday, October 25, 2008

interesting...

I called AAA and asked for a new quote (with the same coverage I have now)... Apparently its only $1,063 a year or 89 a month....

I forgot that i wasn't saving enough in the beggining of the year to cover my car insurance, so I had to bump it up to make the difference. So apparently, i'm a dummy and its $88.00 a month... not 96... I just have to pay 96 to catch up.

Farmers Insurance: $82
  • My Farmers insurance quote is taking into consideration that I can take a driving safety class. (the on-line form asked if I would be willing to take a driver safety class and i clicked yes to see the rate difference. it went from $106 to $82)
AAA: $88
  • I do nothing and just renew when it come in the mail.

I'll wait for the farmers insurance lady to call me back. if she can't make the $82.00 deal stick-- then i'm keeping AAA... if she can, i'll switch and save 72 a year.

On another note, gas was 3.19 a gallon at the regular mobile by my work... =) but no, i didn't fill up... i'm keeping my no spending montra till the end of Oct! Nov 1st i'll get gas.

2 comments:

  1. How much does the driving safety class cost? I know when I got a ticket here in chicago, I had to pay $25 for the class plus another $20 to take it online. So it cost me $45 to take the 4 hour class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew...

    I can't find it anywhere on the DMV website. I'll ask her about it when she phones me on Monday.

    ReplyDelete