Monday, September 15, 2008

Stock market lows...

In the 2 years i've had my Roth... I've lost $641.00

I have 2,600 waiting in an account to buy shares with for the rest of the year... (well 2500 since today was the day my automatic buy of $100.00 went through...)

this means that out of the money i've paid to it already... i've lost 641.00

9,000 -2600 =6400 invested... and i've lost 641.00

I've lost 10%

yet I bough $100.00 worth of shares today... and i'll continue to slowly buy the rest of the $2,500.00

You have to buy when its low and hold it... and it might keep dropping, but i'm going to keep buying. (after this year though, i'm stopping the automatic buys and i'll buy on my own a little every week since i'm saving for my roth with just my extra checks and my tax refund...)

But to agree with Krystal at one of my favorite blogs (http://krystalatwork.blogspot.com/)..... Ouch! Today hurt....

1 comment:

  1. I think in the 34 years until you retire, you will have sufficient time to make up that $600. I will tell you from experience that if you watch this on a daily (or even weekly basis), it will drive you nuts.

    ReplyDelete