Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pantry Raid till friday+ "Wedding fund ideas"

I'm trying to see how long I can go until I run out of food in my pantry. I'm moving in a few months (I'm in my apartment for April, May, and sometime in June i'm back at home) so i need to weed out the pantry a bit. But just eating that stuff won't do well for the diet factor either.

There isn't much in there to be honest, But i'm going to see how long I can make it before I have to buy stuff... I'm hoping to make it till Friday. (why friday? Friday is Payday)

Which should be interesting as my boyfriend and I have become quite fond of eating in because it saves a lot of money.... so I'm hoping i won't have to go grocery shopping till friday... and then i'll hopefully buy things that will go with what I already have.

It's a mini Pantry challenge. I'll take inventory of what's in my pantry and i'll try and keep track of my creativity... (which is hard since most the time i'm working during meal times and there is only so much food that you can take with you that only requires a microwave, a can opener, and a toaster.... Should be interesting. Maybe I'll finally eat that darn oatmeal i've got in there.

Also, I think I need to start a wedding fund... Any ideas on how to save a few extra Dollars while saving for a house???????

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered "matching" a percentage of everything you save for the house down payment with contributions towards the wedding fund? I find doing something like this encourages you to save more towards the "big" thing while rewarding you with progress towards something important (but in my case not necessarily "needed"). That way I don't end up feeling bad for neglecting responsibilities to appease my "wants" (speaking on a personal basis).

    ReplyDelete