Sunday, March 30, 2008

I don't think i've blogged about helping my mom

in exchange for rent free living--I volunteered to do the remodeling of my mom's house with my friends free assistance and the amazing ness of my handy boyfriend. My mom wants the repairs done but can't afford to pay professionals and it will be good practice for when i'm a home owner myself.

So far: I've painted my old room (she stripped the wall paper) with my boyfriend and The double. Last week we had to clean out the room (my sisters junk is all in there), pick up the paint, plaster all the holes in the wall (think dart board) cover the room in tarps and painters tape.... and then actaully paint it over 2 days.

I've also fixed some calking that was chipping on my mom's kitchen sink.

Tuesday
This tuesday we'll be back to finish the job. At home we need to hang my closet doors again, fix the closet handle, put the blinds back up, run a vacuum around the room, and put all the outlet covers back on-- the old ones. We then need to measure the wood for the broken door jam, look at the lights we need to replace in the garage and the one in the hall, Take back the new outlet covers we bought that won't work until we re-wire the house; pick up a new lock/ handle for the garage door, buy the wood and the lights, also buy a new sensored light for the backyard security system... then install it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment