Sunday, June 17, 2007

the turtle continues

So, i logged on to Toyota Financial to see if they tacked on anymore interest to my car loan... they tend to do this after I pay them something to depress me... and sure enough, they did... so the numbers went up a little... so i decided to give them something to "cry" about... me owing less interest.

So I shrunk my bank of america buffer to $400.00...
I took the last $50.00 that was pending from my new emergency fund...
I took half the money that was left over from my electric bill (since i was over budgeted this month)...

and sent 190.00 to my car payment... look at this turtle move!!! i'm still putting along... rent or no rent this sucker is getting paid off!!!Yup, i'm cool... eat that toyota freeking financial... i will pay that car off in Aug if it kills me!!!

Sadly, i'm not sure if i'll be able to send anything to my car from next friday's paycheck because i had my bf's sister's graduation party, and i need to get new front tires for my car, and we have our nice 3 month dinner thing tomorrow night as well. But well see. I have about $100 bucks in my auto fund and i know a guy who can get me a deal on tires so i'm hoping to only have to pay $100 bucks for both of them and the install... but i need to be prepaired if it costs me $200.

but in the land of victory, this changes the pay off schedule:
  • June: 1710.93
  • July: 1332.69
  • Aug: 51.79
  • Sept: 0.00 paying 52.14

So i need to find 52.14 to have everything paid off in AUG... which is the ultimate goal!!!!! I will do it!!! i'm working some overtime on thurday and possibly next tuesday too... so that alone will be the 52.14... after that, i can't speed up the months because i need the extra AUG check to pay the whole dang thing off. but i can try and beat the final amount of interest i pay them on my loan.

okay, this turtle's out and racing away!

1 comment:

  1. Major Congratulations!!! Definitely not a turtle at this pace :)

    ReplyDelete