Monday, September 25, 2006

Lets get honest... my financial goals

Yes... they DO look daunting now...


Car Insurance-
Last year I only had to pay like 600.00 for the whole year with a '92, so this year I'm stocking away $1500.00 because i got a newer car ('04 same model as the '92)
I pay for the whole year upfront because its cheaper... well technically I pay my mom since I'm on her insurance plan which makes it also cheaper.

I have $825 already saved. I transfered the money to an ING Direct savings account from my BofA so I'm not tempted to spend it. I have until the end of December to stock up the rest of the money up. (ya, i know right after Christmas... but eh)

So... remainder needed $675.00



Winter Tuition
I'm trying to graduate from my private college in a total of three years, not 4 so i can
A) save money,
B) have my BA, and
C) start my credential program with the extra year of Federal Aid. (I'm lucky, that i qualify)

I'm planning on taking 6 units (originally three but they cancelled a class of mine)

Because it is a private college, it will cost me 2,466.00 of this I have Nothing.

So... remainder needed $2,466.00



Personal Loan from my MOM
When the tuition bill came in the summer, i was a little short, and instead of taking out a loan, my mom loaned me 1,400.00. Apparently they miscalculated the amount I owed, and I should be receiving a refund check... but for the time being, my mom still needs her money (and i only found out about the check on wed) SO, I have been paying her $300 a month, and i have only $800.00 left to go.

So... remainder needed $800.00




FUTURE GOALS TO CONSIDER ONCE THE TOP THREE ARE DONE...



Car Payment
I mentioned that new car right? well it has a payment too... 278 a month... I used to pay $300 i would like to pay 400 a month for now.



Emergency fund: 3 months worth of wages
I know I'm not likely to be fired, but everyone should have an emergency fund set up in the event that they cannot get paid... normally the recommend 6 months worth of wages put away, but for now my goal is 3 months worth of wages, $4,500




Down Payment on Property
While this is very far off for now, I'm 20 and still living at home with mom... I'd like to one day move out... so saving for a down payment is a good idea and a good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment