Monday, October 6, 2008

more sad news...

Since i'm not speaking to my mother... and frankly haven't been for months... I didn't even notice that I missed her birthday... My sister called me the day of to ask if i was planning on calling and frankly I told her I wasn't...

I had plans to go up with my sister and my mother to my grandfather's house on Tuesday to pick through some pictures and memento's from him.... I was going to be civil for one day in honor of my grandfather... a man who did so much for us... a man i was honored to have apart of my family.

Well, i've now been dis-invited

There is no funeral... no memorial service... and this was supposed to by my opportunity to get to say goodbye.

All i have from my grandpa and my grandma (who died many years back) is one photo of each of them... that I took from an old album and my mother has no clue I even have that.

Thankfully my sister is going to get a few memento's for me... hopefully a picture of both of them together and maybe a random garden knome (he really liked those things)...

but I can't believe she is so childish to do something like that... and there isn't anything I can do.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sorry to hear that. At least you are standing firm by not allowing any unhealthy people in your life - even if they are family. I am going through a similar things with my in laws.

    ReplyDelete