Wednesday, April 4, 2007

it's like I got a raise!

at 5:30am when i turned on my work email... i got this message:

Good morning! In auditing the Benefit Enrollment Forms for 2007, I noticed that your calculations were incorrectly processed at a part-time level instead of full-time. In short, it has been adjusted and it means more money for you! So, there will be an adjustment made on your next check to make up for the incorrect cash benefit given for January, February and March. After that, the correct amount will be given ($268.99 per month instead of $148.99 per month).
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!


Which means my work shafted me $360.00..... (about 300 after taxes) How much am I short to get my wisdom teeth removed with me being knocked out???? about $300.00..... but who decided not to get knocked out? Me. I figure its a waste of money... i'll have it nummbed and gassed..... that way I don't have to have the surgery on a friday... and then take of Sat and Sun.... then request the following friday, saturday, and sunday off for vegas..... eeek it will never happen! The only time i can do it is as soon as my finals are over with... (cause i'll start that part time job in June.... and then i won't have the luxury of just not working on tues/thurs... which means i'd have to get gassed by default.)

So i'm going to schedule the surgury at like 2pm on Monday may 21st so i don't have to take monday off of work.... i'll recover tuesday.... go back to work wed.... and leave for vegas early early friday...

Ya... vegas screws everything up but i can't bail on heather or rhea... and at least i can figure my meals will be cheaper since i'll be souping it a lot while i'm there... lol....

This news also means that i'm gonna be making about $85.00 more a month when taxes are figured into it.... so lets look at those goals...

Dental--> The extra money from my benifits will cover the costs of gassing and meds... (around $100.00) So i have 200 left over + the 85 from this month

Vegas Vacation--> Half the fun money... and $100 from the extra benifits... so i have 100 left over +the 85 for this month

Relay for life--> My Recycle money... work gas slips... Luminary in honor of my dad ($50.00) and 1/2 the fun (i have $50 +85 for this month)

Pay off my Car--> extra bill money... 1/2 my overtime... plus $50 from benifits...

Moving out--> monthly contributions... 1/2 my overtime

I'm leaving the $85.00 in this months benifits unaccounted for. i have a formal dinner "prom for college" to buy my ticket for (i'm rewearing a dress, doing my own hair... and i have a gift card to get my nails, etc done)... after the ticket... i'll probably put this cash into "moving out"... why there????

Because any money i don't spend in the move out fund... will be put toward my car in a lump sum in the at the end of July... I figure if any expenses pop up, i'll have extra cash (hense the 1/2 the overtime thing even tho i did put aside the amount i wanted to...) to pay them... but i don't want to get rid of the cash and throw it at the car now... and then get shocked when i don't have enough cash later on... and with my loan getting lower... its not too much money in interest that i'm loosing since i'm also gaining interest on the cash that's in there.

I also had to pay my college $150.00.... (out of the tuition fund) but they charged me $600.... so i'll be on the phone with them later on today to get the amount corrected... grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment