Thursday, April 11, 2019

He's 4...

Little dude crossed a hurtle this week and entered the world of four... and he did it with style. Since he goes to school now and has more friends, we decided to do a friends plus family birthday.

We won a BIG AIR birthday party package last year at Relay For Life, so we told little dude he could pick 5 friends to invite from school, plus some family for his party.

It actually worked out pretty well. There was a bit of confusion at first, but I think everyone had a good time and with work being crazy this year, having an almost "just show up" party was what we needed, considering we didn't have to pay anything for it!

Sure we had expenses,

Balloons, decorations, snacks to go with pizza and cake, but we would have spent that to have it at home and instead we got to jump.

I didn't get to jump as much wince I was wondering around making sure people were okay and doing the check-in time with my family and the non-jumpers who came to visit.

We picked up a last minute present when Little Dude declared a pokemon birthday out of no where (does not have ANYTHING pokemon...) and it was a good thing we did. We couldn't find the two small presents we picked up for him back in January, so wooohoo for the last minute back up present he loved, and dad getting him pokemon pj's that he wore to his party so he could match the theme.

Hubs also enjoyed himself like he was 12 and jumped everywhere. Apparently we are going to have to go back for a date sometime soon cause he had just tons of fun.

This month might be a little difficult to itemize expense wise because I've learned that when I shop with hubs, things like receipts, just go in his wallet and then disappear before I can write them out or find the time to re-blog it. (but at least all I know where all the Walmart and Target trips come from now, when i'm too tired and hubs pays cause I didn't bring my purse).

But I digress, and we must go back to adorable and four. 

I swear he gets taller and bigger each and every day. Little dude has a heart of gold, is generous, and loves being around other people. Being his mommy makes me a better person and I love seeing how he can do things now that 6 months ago he couldn't do.

He can write his name, count to at least 60 and knows most of his letters (he occasionally gets things like U and N mixed up, cause they look alike, but he's doing great for his first year of pre-school. I'm thinking over the summer we might start doing some sight words with him since he loves books.

I hope that as you get older, you'll still remember to have fun, enjoy the world around you, and infest the world with your own unique and contagious happiness.

Get covered in blue frosting, jump with abandonment, and try new things.

The world is your playground kid, go be shaped by play!








No comments:

Post a Comment