Thursday, February 14, 2019

sick sick sick

February hasn't been the month of fun in our house...

nope, we all suffered through another f word...

the flu...

I got hit with it first and came home from work a little early one day... and spent the next two in bed, before going in got a half day and recuperating over the weekend.

Hubs got sick somewhere in the middle of my recovery... and missed 2 days of work, taking a Friday and Monday off, using the weekend as a buffer when he was bed ridden as well...

and then Mr. Little Dude got it too...

but his also came with vomiting and a constant fever that we just couldn't shake for days. Thankfully we didn't get hit with the need to toss our cookies, but it was Tylenol every 4 hours or he was back at 102.  He was down only down 3 days... (Sat, Sun, Mon) but I had to stay home with him on Tuesday because you have to be fever free for 24 hours before you can come back to school.

The flu is no joke folks. I had 4 blankets on me, wool socks, flannel pj's and I was still shivering with my flu at the peak of the badness...

But we got to use Kaiser for the first time this year and I have to say, i'm super thrilled to be back. I hope they don't raise rates next year because I never want to leave Kaiser again...

It was hands down the BEST care we have gotten in 2 plus years.

Hubs has already gone and gotten his annual appointment in, and I have mine scheduled soon too since it's been about 2 years since i've been to the doctors. (I know....). But in awesome news, I got my old doctor back!!!! (which i didn't think would happen because she never has opening but somehow I got reassigned back to her and i'm thrilled. She's what got me hooked on Kaiser all those years ago. A doctor that actually listened and found solutions for me when others didn't care! So i'm super excited about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment