Monday, January 14, 2019

2018 Annual Goals - How we did

We posted some lofty goals for 2018 and now its time to look back and see where we are at with meeting them.

Goals for 2018

  1. Be more purposefully with our spending - I'm not sure if we actually accomplished this one. We tend to be good for a month or two, but then slack off... kind of like updating the blog (lol).
  2. Track our finances with more detail -nope, didn't happen. I think we got better this year than last, but we can still work on this.
  3. Replenish our savings accounts- pretty good. We will need to top a few off with our hopeful tax return though.
  4. Roxy Fund - done and at $1,000
  5. Medical Fund - done and back to $1,000
  6. Vacation Fund - Hoping the tax return will re-set it for 2019. We had it back to where it was, but then we didn't cash flow our vacations this year either, so we need $800 to get it back to $1500. 
  7. Clean up some savings accounts - We did. we consolidated others, but Capitol One 360 won't let me re-name them to use them for other things....  and I think they are trying to force close some accounts. I mean I guess they didn't intend for someone to have 17 savings accounts, but they have a purpose. I just don't appreciate not being able to re-name them.
  8. Maintain at least 15% of our income going towards retirement. 16.6% if you count matches... 13.66 without matches.... 10.9 % if you don't count social security. 
  9. Spend less money on stuff (outside of the reno) then we did last year.  I don't think this happened because we embraced the world that is REI.... and spent more there then we did last year on all our discretionary purposes.
  10. Finish the rest of the home improvement projects. hahahahahahhahaha no.... this did not happen.  but we got 5 out of 9 done.
    1. I need to paint our ceiling and sand it ------ Done
    2. I need to paint our living room / kitchen / dinning room area. -----------Done
    3. I need to get the rest of our bedroom closet purchased, built and assembled... -------Done
    4. We need to replace interior and exterior doors -------Done
    5. Finally unpack the rest of the boxes in the house. ------- Done

Not Done:
Paint doors and trims....
Put in new flooring
Install baseboards (and paint them).
After that, we can purchase the built ins for the living room... and assemble and install them...

All in all considering we had a three year old, I think we did a good job on the list where the remodel is concerned.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same about Capital One, but if you go into the top right and go to settings/account features, you can edit your account titles in there. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU YOU YOU are my favorite!!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!!!

      Delete