Monday, August 6, 2018

It's been so long since I updated the blog...

We are still here... Just not regularly posting content to the blog apparently. I've still been tracking our finances each month and keeping everything in my spreadsheet, but I haven't had time to re-post everything for you all here on the blog.

Each year I strive for balance, and eventually i'll get there. We did replace our doors throughout the condo, including our front door with a new steel door and got our new lock on it that's a digital pad so we don't lock ourselves out of the house if we forget the keys, but we've been in a bit of a summer holding pattern. Work got REALLY busy for me this spring and summer. I moved into a new work facility, had 2 grand re-openings, added new programs, and just finished my last "large scale" city event that i'm in charge of for the year, so with all of that behind me now, I'm hoping to finish painting those new doors we put in and get some pictures up here on the blog, eventually.

Once the doors are painted, then we can get our floors re-done.

While we wanted to do consistent flooring throughout our home (tile), unfortunately we would have to pack up everything we own and put it in a storage unit and move out for a while because we don't have a garage to store everything in... so instead, we are going to re-tile everything but our master, (which we will eventually put carpet in) so we can put all of our furniture in our room and will likely get a hotel for a couple of days because my mom wasn't thrilled with letting us stay a couple days at her place while our floors were done.  So, floors eventually.

We are also considering replacing our whole shower/tub combo. We paid to have it resurfaced, but we think we are going to quote out a replacement because our shower knobs (not the decorative ones, but the stuff that connects to the pipes), really needs replacement and the enclosure is just crappy.

So we might replace the shower/tub first, then do the floors...

and we will probably pay someone to put in the base boards too... I just don't think we have the time with a toddler running around the place and hubs isn't that great with a caulking gun... but this is still to be determined. It might be a slow long process of mine.

Now for a photo dump of highlights from the last few months!


I gardened this year.... all from Seeds.... :) We have to hand water everything but we grew zucchini, tomatoes, radishes, spinach, basil, strawberries, sunflowers, and a few other things that's didn't take off.



We have spent a ridiculous amount of money at REI this year... and we have taken up the great outdoors... hiking, walks, and hubs hopes to climb a mountain later in the month and do a peak. 




I won a couple of professional awards at work in my field :)


Roxy is still well and with us and occasionally enjoys hammock time with us when we set it up.

Little dude is rocking being 3 with awesomeness. He started a new summer camp program and starts preschool this fall at a new place and it's amazing and in the city I work for, which is just awesome and cuts my commute to drop and pick him up!


 




















4 comments:

  1. Having gone through this post, I got an insight about the financial subject. I always wonder how to save money, but this time, I found what exactly i was always looking for. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - glad to see you posting again! Always enjoy seeing what you are up to. Sounds like life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy boy! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete