Wednesday, February 21, 2018

More car troubles...

I spoke at my first ever professional networking workshop, and I'm super excited to say I knocked it out the park and my room was definitely on the full side of things!!!


They even clapped and people were coming up to me afterwards telling me how much they enjoyed it, so i'm totally stoked and officially love public speaking (yup, i'm sick).


I spoke on how to sell yourself on paper to land in order to land an interview... and spent 40 minutes talking about effective resumes, cover letters, applications and letters of recommendation. 

But i'm not sure why my family is conference cursed when it comes to automobiles. Earlier this months hubs told his conference car woes, and as I was driving back from Corona to my work after I was flying high on good feel endorphins, the check engine light on my car went on...

Needless to say, for about 20 minutes I was crossing my fingers and praying I would make it to my mechanic in one piece and that my car wouldn't shut down on me on the freeway.

Thankfully, I got there safely and in one piece and they ran a quick diagnostic to read the engine light code. Apparently I had a small leak somewhere and it triggered the light to come on. The guys in the shop told me it was safe to drive for the rest of the day (so I could get back to work and pick up little dude that at daycare... but it wasn't something to "put off"). We made plans to bring it back the next day since Daycare was closed so I had the day off of work anyway.

Our mechanic has an overnight drop off option, so around 8:30 hubs and I remembered AFTER we put little man down for bed that we needed to drive the car over to the mechanic. *** Face Palm ***

Thankfully he was still driving us crazy wide awake so we took our footie dressed toddler and we took both our cars to the mechanic so we could drop mine off for the next day. On the way back home, Little dude found a new way to hold his "light saber.." 


Yup, he shoved it through the hole ring of his nighttime binky... 

It kind of made the whole forgetting to take the car before bedtime worth it. Hubs and I just cracked up laughing in the parking lot while we asked him to pause for a photo... 

Thankfully it only ended up costing us $300.76... It could have been $800, but apparently my car only broke the UNUSUAL part of the system... The EVAP VSV valve. Normally, there is a different part that normally goes bad if this part is broken (The carbon canister), but mine was fine and didn't trigger a warning light after all the checks they did. 

But so far for the month between this and hubs $388.25 Alternator repair, we are at $689 for February car repairs :( and it is very probable that my carbon canister will be a future repair since the VSV valve broke, which is a $500 job.

oh yes, and that's on top of $1,185 in dental co-pays we have paid this month to get "SOME" of the work on hubs' teeth done... He's still got some more work to do... This is why you don't put off dental work and repairs and take your hubby's word for it... just force him to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment